Recent Publications of the Researchers
- Erol, I., forthcoming in 2015, Real Estate and Economic Growth in Turkey in Real Estate, Construction and Economic Development in Emerging Market Economies In Ed. Raymond, T.A., O. Franklin, E. Ochieng and M. Vida, published by Routledge.
- Ozbakir B.A., 2011, Urban Environmental Applications of GIScience: Challenges and New Trends, In Ed. Ercoskun Yalciner Ö., Green and Ecological Technologies for Urban Planning: Creating Smart Cities. pp.196-215, Pennsylvania, USA: IGI Global Publishers, DOI:10.4018/978-1-61350-453-6.
- Çekiç T., Ozbakir B.A., Özügül D., 2011, Towards a New Perspective on Measurement of Sustainability, In Eds. Atabay S., Kaçmaz Z., The Pursuit for Global Transformation, pp. 18-25, YTU Yayınevi, Istanbul.
- Yonder, E., Eichholtz, P., Kok, N., 2011, ‘Real Estate, Governance, and the Global Economic Crisis’, Corporate Governance Failures: The Role of Institutional Investors in the Global Financial Crisis Edited by James P. Hawley, Shyam J. Kamath, and Andrew T. Williams, University of Pennsylvania Press.
- Cakici, N., Erol, I. and D. Tirtiroglu (March 2014). Tracking the Evolution of Idiosyncratic Risk and Cross-Sectional Expected Returns for US REITs, Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, 48(3), 415-440. Download Abstract
- Ozugul D., Cekic T., Ozbakir B.A. (2014). The Next Wave of Sustainable Planning: Green Neighbourhood Assessment Systems. International Journal of Environmental Science and Development, 13(2), 109 – 125.
- Yonder, E. & Eichholtz, P. (2014) ‘CEO Overconfidence, REIT Investment Activity, and Performance’, Real Estate Economics
- Erol, I. & A. Ileri (October 2013). What Determines REIT Returns in Turkey? An Application of Time-Varying Arbitrage Pricing Model in an Emerging REIT Market, İktisat İşletme ve Finans, 28(331), 41-60. Download Abstract
- Erol, I. & B.A. Ozbakir (2012) Globalizing Polycentricity in Istanbul: Mamdani Type Fuzyy Rule-Based Model of Downtown Office Space Rents. Urban Geography, 33(8), 1212-1248. Download Abstract
- Yonder, E. & Eichholtz, P., Kok, N. (2012). Portfolio Greenness and the Financial Performance of REITs. Journal of International Money and Finance 31-7, 1911–1929.
- Erol, I. & D. Tirtiroglu (July 2011). Concentrated Ownership, No Dividend Payout Requirement and Capital Structure of REITs: Evidence from Turkey. Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics. 43(1-2), 174-204. Download Abstract
- Altinsoy, G., I. Erol & Ş.K. Yıldırak (2010). Time-varying Beta Risk of Turkish Real Estate Investment Trusts. Metu Studies in Development, 37 (August), 83-114. Abstract will be available later.
Working Papers & the Forthcoming International Conference Presentations
- Erol, I. (2015) An Econometric Analysis of the Spatial Distribution of Organized Retail Space in Istanbul, American Association of Geographers (AAG) 2015 Conference, Chicago, USA.
- Ceylan, R., B.A. Ozbakir, H. Korkulu, and I. Erol (2015) “Raster Based Walkability Index Mapping of Shopping Malls in Istanbul”, ESRI International Conference, San Diego, USA.
- Korkulu, H., B.A. Ozbakir, R. Ceylan, and I. Erol (2015) “Mapping the Urban Story of Shopping Malls in Istanbul”, ESRI International Conference, San Diego, USA.
- Erol, I. and B.A. Ozbakir (2014). Urban Dynamics of Shopping Center Development in Istanbul, Working paper presented at the 13th Association of American Geographers (AAG) Conference in Tampa, Florida, USA, 8-12 April 2014.
- Kutlukaya, M. and I. Erol (2014) Determinants of Residential Mortgage Market Growth in Developed and Developing Countries, manuscript under revision.
- Erol, I. And B.A. Ozbakir (2014). Urban Dynamics of Shopping Center Development in Istanbul, Working paper presented at the 13th Association of American Geographers (AAG) Conference in Tampa, Florida, USA, 8-12 April 2014. Download Abstract
- Ceylan, R., B.A. Ozbakir and I. Erol, “A Critical Assessment of Retail Spaces and Shopping Malls in Turkey Through the New Legislative Frameworks”, Unpublished working paper.